WFTHN is always looking to commission and publish new blogs on any aspect of women’s film and television history. We have a focus on the UK and Ireland, but we are open to women’s film and television history across the globe.
Our blogs tend to be 500-800s words. They can outline an area of current research, report on a particular finding for dissemination or raise a question or query for the research community.
The following is a list of suggestions and is, by no means, intended to be prescriptive:
- Updates on current research or reports on findings
- Tangential areas of research and ‘curios’
- Observations and responses to media reports, in the light of your own studies
- Responses to previous blogs in respect of a research issue or area of study
- Reports from conferences, symposia, seminars and workshops
- Reports and reflections on creative projects and practice
- Experiences of working within the film and/or television industries
- Revisiting a historical event or figure to reinvigorate interest/revise perspectives